9.26.2013

Fall is here, time to knit again!



The first cool days of Fall bring with them the urge to cozy up to a lovely, soft ball of yarn and start the ritual of knitting. Its the perfect fit for a hot cup of tea and a chilly afternoon. My first project this season is to finish the headwrap I put away on the first warm day of spring! It is a super simple pattern from the talented knitter Alexandra Tinsley at Dull Roar. I made one last year (picture above) with some leftover yarn just to try out the pattern. Right now I'm using a thick, heathered gray aran wool that smells and feel so cozy! 

                                                                  I typically don't knit a lot with color or pattern but this cowl is so cute I might have to add it to my list of winter projects. After all, this is Chicago and winter is half the year. I may just need this bright chevron pattern to brighten the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment