6.19.2014

Lissome. adjective. thin, supple, and graceful.


 So excited to be adding the new Lissome Collection to the shop today! A few months ago I decided to scratch the itch to start creating dolls for my own shelves. Objects that married my love of dolls with my equal love of textiles. 




One of my favorite thing to to is pop into my local fabric haven to run my hands over the impossibly smooth suiting wools, the dense imported linens, the airy silk knits, and loose a few hours day dreaming over possible new projects. The Lissome gals are the product of a many days of dreaming.
These dolls are as lovely to touch as they are to look at! The Dorrie doll has a sweater knit from a baby alpaca/cotton blend yarn that feels amazing! She also sports a belt made from a vintage watch band with its original buckle.
The design is long and lithe and the dolls look as at home perched on a bookshelf as they do in a child's menagerie of plush toys. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment