7.27.2014

late summer snoods


In the time that I'm not making dolls and other stuffed little things, I sew for myself, my home and occasionally my husband. I have an ever growing collection of vintage sewing patterns and in efforts to save my pennies I will often spend an afternoon making up a pattern for something I've seen online or in a shop rather than whipping out my credit card.

After spending so much time making wee things I was itching to put something wearable and fun into my shop. I created these structured snoods with a circular design and a shaped french seam in back to give them structure and shape.



 While not nearly so glamorous as my model Julia looks wearing them, I have been wearing a lightweight gingham version of these snoods nearly every day since I made it! I love a great scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment